The Center is also organizing a Public Banking Forum at the Goethe Institut, 812 Seventh Street NW, Washington, DC, on October 21 from 5:30-9:30 p.m. Featured speakers include:
- Nomi Prins, former Wall Street banker now with Demos, author of All the Presidents’ Bankers
- Harold Myerson, Washington Post columnist and editor-at-large of The American Prospect magazine
- Gar Alperovitz, nationally known writer and speaker on alternative economics. His most recent book is entitled What Then Must We Do?
- Jessica Nembhard, Associate Professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice and author of Collective Courage, A History of African American Cooperative Economic Thought and Practice
- Expert on public banking in Germany TBA