In the news...
Stories and commentary related to Alliance campaigns and sponsored projects. We plan to update this page frequently! If you'd like to recommend something to post here, please email the link to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The GrassRoots Institute, an Alliance-sponsored project, has been actively working on democratically-determined solutions to issues in and around Mendocino County, CA.
- Read their latest newsletter here. Topics include Mendocino County-focused work on climate, water, habitat preservation, and elections.
Good reporting on public banking, the many local and state campaigns in the US, and the Alliance's chapter-based work in Oregon and its sponsored project, Mass Public Banking.
- The strength of New York's public bank campaign is rooted in a strong coalition of organizations that see the benefit of a publicly owned financial institution dedicated to the common good. Read more here.
Ending Corporate Rule
News focusing on efforts to end corporate access to constitutional rights, campaign finance reform, and efforts to limit the influence of big business on elections, policy, environment, climate, and media.
- Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (NY-8) is favored to succeed House Speaker Nancy Pelosi as head of the House Democratic Caucus. Will he sideline the party's progressive wing?
- Sen. Bernie Sanders: Democrats must curb billionaires’ grip on elections to save democracy
Disarming Violence/Establishing Peace
There is a long list of entities that hope to profit from war and the threat of war overseas, or fears of violence and a violent culture at home.
- "Analyses of who won and who lost in this year’s midterm elections are well underway. For its part, the arms industry had one big win, among others: the likely ascension of Rep. Mike Rogers (R-AL) to the chair of the House Armed Services Committee." Read more in "The Arms Industry’s Dream Representative: Pentagon Pork and Mr. Rogers’ Neighborhood."